Void Vernacular

invalid inneundo

Thursday, April 21, 2005

note to family and friends

now i don't claim to be an expert on these things so if you do, feel free to correct me. but i was quite sure that my copy of "how to win friends and pash boys" mentioned something about funerals not being pick-up points, particularly when the funeral is for the mother of your crush. am i wrong?
without naming names or pointing fingers, i am next-to-certain that a certain someone attended my grandmother's funeral this week, with the express purpose of cracking onto my uncle (i.e. my grandmother's son.)
now call me a prude, i can handle it, but is this not possibly a bit inappropriate?
am i the only one who thinks this?
now i am a fan of numerous forms of inappropriateness; inappropriate flatulence; inappropriate laughing; inappropriate language; inappropriate drunkenness; inappropriate outfits; inappropriate jokes. and my family is no stranger to any of these phenomena.
but trying to pick up at a funeral? the son of the deceased?
i don't know kids. particularly when he is your ex-husband.
apparently i too have partaken in the inappropriate pick-up, but i was inappropriately drunk at the time and therefore don't remember a thing and can live in the warm womb of denial....aaahhh denial.
anyway i diverge, if you want to pick up just get blind drunk and throw yourself at someone, don't come to funerals of my family members and try to pick up your ex-husband.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Did you know that there is a Will & Grace episode devoted to this very topic? This is why Will & Grace will be studied in years to come as a guide to appropriate social behaviour. Also a very good study in cliches and tit jokes (which I also adore)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home