Void Vernacular

invalid inneundo

Thursday, November 11, 2004

tossed salad (eewwww)

last night i made the best salad i have ever eaten.... ever.
i am not going to divulge all the ingredients here, for fear of being outdone by other people's "best salad ever" but let it be known that mine involved roasted cloves of garlic... that i roasted myself.
(that's right kids!)
i know this probably doesn't mean a lot to many (if any) people but i sure did manage to impress myself.
i am not one with a natural culinary flair.
don't get me wrong- i love food, i live for food, every second that i am not eating is spent wishing i was. but, until around 6 months ago the kitchen stood virtually as a no-man's land for me. i avoided cooking for fear of failing. having been subjected to my mothers (rare) efforts at cooking, i figured 'failure in the flavouring of food' was in my bones.
it seems there is hope for me yet.
since making with the acquaintance of my current beau, my kitchen skills have increased exponentially. not only have i stolen his methods and made them my own but i'm inventing new (new to me, at least) methods of my own.
i now want to cook!
what is happening to me?
has my path to becoming a domestic goddess started to make itself clear?
is cooking a sexually transmitted desire?
am i completely over-reacting?
maybe.
my 15 year-old-self would be killing herself right now to see the type of person i have let her become.
i'm telling you though, it was a fucking good salad.

4 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Blogger Elmo Keep said...

your 15 year old self would be so mad, she might even throw vegemite toast at the wall!! however, your current self should be so proud right now.

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger la nadine said...

you ever gonna update woman?

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Elmo Keep said...

no post in over a week! have you died?

 
At 1:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water?
hydrocodone order

 

Post a Comment

<< Home